𝗠𝗲𝗲𝘁 𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝗧𝗲𝗮𝗺: 𝗛𝗲𝗮𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗿 𝗧𝗵𝗼𝗺𝗽𝘀𝗼𝗻 Heather has...
Acting for developers on each plot sale
It is always exciting for our New Build team in Stafford and Stoke on Trent, to see a site progress. It is incredible to watch a development come to life and create a new community, and quite frankly, we are in awe of our developer client’s skills and expertise.
We help our developers in a number of ways:
- preparation of Reservation Agreements – so that the estate agents can take a reservation payment for any buyer interested in a plot and wanting to reserve it for a period of time
- early release of contract documentation to the buyer’s Solicitor to avoid delays in exchange
- dealing quickly with additional enquiries raised by a buyer’s Solicitor again to avoid any delays in exchange
- providing updates to our clients and their selling agents leading up to exchange
- liaising closely with our clients so that structural notices to complete, once the new home is ready for occupation, can be served on time
- serving the structural completion notice and providing the final completion certificates
- on completion discharging any lender charge and accounting to our clients
- after the last plot sale, transferring any common parts, private roads or landscaped areas to a resident led management company
It is important to our clients that contracts are exchanged at the soonest opportunity. Buyers may not always instruct their Solicitors quickly or provide funds for them to undertake searches on time and so we can check in on progress at appropriate junctions, just to make sure everything is moving ahead as planned. If there is a blockage, then we work with our clients and their selling agents to make sure this is resolved.