Carly is the Head of our Private Family Law team who qualified in 2012 and became a Director of the Company in 2018.
Carly can advise in relation to:
- Divorce and Civil Partnership Dissolution- including fixed fee divorce packages and annulments
- Financial matters – including property, lump sum, pension and income provisions on divorce
- Children arrangements – including Child Arrangements Orders, Specific Issue Orders, Prohibited Steps Orders as well as permanent removal from the jurisdiction
- Spousal and child maintenance - financial provision for you and your children on separation
- Prenuptial and Postnuptial Agreements - where its crucial to take expert advice to secure more certainty around financial situations
- Step-parent adoption – adopting your partner's children
- Separation Agreements - helping separating couples to define how they intend to live apart, deal with finances and arrangements for children
- Domestic Abuse – including Non-Molestation Injunction Orders and Occupation Orders
- Change of Name – Adult and Child’s Change of Name Deeds
- Mediation and Arbitration – Alternative Ways to Resolve Family Disputes
- Collaborative Law – A Specialist approach to resolving family issues without the need to attend court
Free Initial Consultations are available for all matters.
Clients: Carly acts for a wide range of clients with differing needs and from varying backgrounds - stay at home parents, grandparents, managing directors, police officers, farmers, teachers, all levels of medical professionals and everything in between; she represents existing clients of the firm and is recommended by other local professionals and previous clients.
Carly's Approach: She is described as friendly but frank in her approach to cases. She strives to go the extra mile for all clients and is empathetic to the fact that she is dealing with someone’s life. Carly's clients are never just a 'case' and she prides herself on her commitment to client care and recommendations she receives from clients. She was recently described by a fellow family law specialist as “a very dedicated and excellent lawyer providing first class service”.
Accreditations: Collaborative Lawyer. Resolution Member.
Personal Background: Carly grew up in Alsager and now lives in the Stafford region with her family.
Carly loves to travel and some of her favourite memories include a camel trek across the Sahara, swimming in the Ik kil Centoe, visiting the Chichen Itza Mayan ruins in Mexico not to mention a climb to the Crown of the Statute of Liberty and ice skating under the Rockefeller Centre Christmas tree in New York!
Carly has her hands full looking after her young child but the family love nothing more than taking time out at weekends to enjoy moments together at home and in the countryside.
Pre Qualification: Carly studied A Levels at Newcastle College. In 2008 she was one of the first ever students in the country to obtain a Law Degree in 2 years - quite a feat - gaining a 2:1.
She completed her LPC at Staffordshire University graduating with a Distinction in 2009.
After completing her Law Degree and LPC, Carly worked as a family assistant at a local family practice in Newcastle where she later went on to complete her training contract.
Post Qualification: After qualifying in 2012 Carly later moved onto a well-known family practice in Stafford and has specialised as a Collaborative Lawyer. She is an active member of the Staffordshire Collaborative Lawyers POD.