Louise is a Trainee Solicitor in the Wills and Probate Department and is based at our Stoke on Trent office. She works with Director Jane Matthewman and alongside Solicitor Stephanie Heath also at our Stoke on Trent office and Solicitor Jemma Blake in the Stafford Wills and Probate Team.
Louise can assist and advise in relation to:
- Powers of Attorney – Louise will assist you with Lasting Powers of Attorney for both Property and Financial and Health and Welfare. Louise can also assist on registering your Lasting Powers of Attorney with the Office of Public Guardian. Nowell Meller do act as professional attorneys for clients where required and Louise is involved with the running of these matters.
- Simple or complex Wills – Louise will assist you with putting your Wills into place, whether simple or complex, and will advise on any associated tax planning.
- Administration of Estates – Louise will deal with the full administration of the deceased’s estate and provide necessary advice to the personal representatives. Louise will also obtain grants of probate (where the deceased left a Will) and Letters of Administration (where the deceased did not leave a Will).
- Court of Protection – Louise will give advice to the appointed and proposed Deputies. Director Jane Matthewman is authorised to act as Deputy and the firm looks after a number of patient affairs where they do not have sufficient capacity.
- Property aspects – Louise has a background in Land Law relating mainly to residential property but also dealing with commercial aspects and she is, therefore, able to offer advice relating to this on any of your matters.
Clients: Louise acts for individual clients in all capacities, whether that be as Executor, Administrator, Beneficiary, Attorney or Deputy.
Louise's Approach: Louise works well under pressure and is calm and approachable. She is down to earth, friendly, welcoming and understands that her clients are vulnerable or facing a difficult time in their lives and is sympathetic towards this. Louise always strives hard to achieve our client’s objectives, making it as stress free as possible and keeps clients fully informed throughout the process.
Accreditations: Law Degree, 2008 and Legal Practice Course, 2009.
Personal Background: Louise was born and raised in Stoke on Trent and still resides within the local area.
In her spare time, she enjoys socialising with friends and family and is also a member of a ladies’ darts team. She loves her holidays, both caravanning and abroad, and enjoys going on day trips.
At Nowell Meller, we support a number of charity events and Louise enjoys helping the firm raise funds for these as well as being involved in other charity events at her son’s school.
Career: Whilst studying for her Law Degree and LPC at Staffordshire University in 2008 and 2009 Louise also held down two part time jobs. After University she went to work for a local gas services company undertaking a variety of communication and administrative roles.
A few years later, Louise worked for a legal firm in Confiscations and then Crime and gained experience instructing Counsel and experts, attending conferences, attending prison visits, reviewing evidence, preparing cases and obtaining third party disclosure, drafting defence statements, attending Court hearings etc. Her experience in this field helped her to develop a calm and professional manner and how to work under stressful and complicated situations.
Nowell Meller Journey: Louise joined Nowell Meller in 2016 and worked as a Caseworker in the residential department gaining considerable experience in land law. In 2019 she joined the New Build team of Commercial Property where she continued to develop her knowledge. More recently Louise has joined the Wills and Probate Department as a Trainee Solicitor.