Adam is a qualified Solicitor and specialises in Commercial Property. Based at our Stafford office, Adam works closely alongside Caseworker Ellie Stokes.
The team are a part of our wider Commercial Property Department and, together, have a strong reputation for their dynamic approach with a client base that covers Staffordshire, Cheshire and the surrounding areas.
Adam is able to advise clients on a broad range of commercial property matters including:
- Landlord & Tenant – Adam undertakes a large number of lease transactions and can advise on sub lease structures. Adam regularly deals with portfolio management work such as preparing licences to assign, underlet and alter as well as renewal leases. Adam is also able to serve notices connected to a lease including break notices.
- Sales – Adam frequently acts in relation to the sale of commercial properties including complex sales of part and auction sale transactions.
- Purchases – Adam acts on behalf of buyers of commercial property both for investment and trade purposes. Adam is experienced in dealing with transactions that are funded through borrowing, both from high street lenders and the secondary lender market.
- Pension schemes – Adam often acts on behalf of the trustees of SIPPs and SSAS pension schemes.
- Corporate work – Adam offers support to the Corporate Team, dealing with the property elements of corporate transactions.
- Commercial finance and refinance – Adam is experienced in acting on behalf of clients looking to raise finance on their existing assets. This includes residential portfolio work.
Clients: Adam and the team act for a number of charities, community groups and professional organisations as well as a wide range of clients from the manufacture, food, health and retail industries.
Adam's Approach: He quickly gets to the heart of a problem, finds practical and workable solutions and works closely alongside our client's professional team. As such, Adam has developed strong relationships with local lenders, estate agents, Accountants and IFA's. Adam has a professional, polite and understanding manner and is used to working under pressure whilst keeping his cool.
Accreditations: Finalist for Keele University’s ‘volunteer of the year award’ in 2014; he was awarded the University’s ‘most engaged student of the year’ award in 2015; member of the University’s Student Staff Liaison Committee at BPP Law School whilst studying the LPC, meeting with senior members of management to improve the course for all students.
Personal Background: Adam was born and raised in Stoke on Trent and continues to live in the area.
Adam enjoys entering pub quizzes and spending time with family and friends.
Qualifications: Degree - Adam graduated from Keele University in July 2015, after completing his law degree. Throughout his time at Keele, Adam secured a number of awards for his academic achievements and voluntary work.
Adam was a finalist for the university’s ‘volunteer of the year award’ in 2014 and was awarded the university’s ‘most engaged student of the year’ award in 2015 after being nominated by the Law school. This award is given to those who “go above and beyond in terms of their own learning and academia and who are a highly valued and reliable student at Keele”.
Adam represented Keele in a number of law related competitions, including successfully securing a place in the semi-finals of a prestigious national property law mooting completion.
LPC: Adam completed the Legal Practice Course (part time weekends) at BPP University, achieving a Commendation. Adam was particularly pleased to obtain Distinctions in both the ‘Property Law’ and ‘Advanced Commercial Property Law’ modules.
Career: Adam already had a strong background in the legal sector before joining Nowell Meller, having volunteered at the local Citizens’ Advice Bureau for 12 months. Adam had also been a key member of Keele University’s CLOCK initiative, of which Nowell Meller is a partner. Having been a ‘legal companion’ for 2 of his 3 years at the University, Adam was asked to be an Ambassador for the initiative which led to him travelling to India to discuss an international roll out of the initiative with a university and to experience India’s legal system.
Nowell Meller Journey: Adam joined the Nowell Meller Family Team in August 2015 before moving to the Commercial Property Team in February 2016. Adam began his training contract with Nowell Meller in September 2017 and qualified as a Solicitor in March 2019.
In October 2020 Adam moved from our Stoke on Trent office to the Stafford office to develop a stronger commercial property offering there for the firm.