Jeanette joined the Family Team in May 2020 and works with Director and Head of Family Law, Carly Colclough.
Jeanette is based in our Newcastle office and can advise in relation to:-
- Divorce and Civil Partnership Dissolution- including fixed fee divorce packages and annulments
- Financial matters – including property, lump sum, pension and income provisions on divorce
- Children arrangements – including Child Arrangements Orders, Specific Issue Orders, Prohibited Steps Orders as well as permanent removal from the jurisdiction
- Spousal and child maintenance - financial provision for you and your children on separation
- Prenuptial and Postnuptial Agreements - where its crucial to take expert advice to secure more certainty around financial situations
- Step-parent adoption – adopting your partner's children
- Separation Agreements - helping separating couples to define how they intend to live apart, deal with finances and arrangements for children
- Domestic Abuse – including Non-Molestation Injunction Orders and Occupation Orders
- Change of Name – Adult and Child’s Change of Name Deeds
- Mediation and Arbitration – Alternative Ways to Resolve Family Disputes
Free Initial Consultations are available for all matters.
Clients: Jeanette has an empathetic and patient, yet no nonsense, approach to her case work. Her dedication and kindness with clients often leads to them making a point of highlighting their appreciation to her.
Approach: Jeanette is robust, fair, direct and honest. Many clients have expressed feeling reassured after speaking with her. She takes the view that it is best to be completely honest with clients, even if the advice may be not what they want to hear. Jeanette likes her clients to know where they stand as important decisions are to be made for their future. Such decisions need to be made with full knowledge and appreciation of the likelihood of outcome. Whilst her clients do not have to accept the advice given; they need the correct advice and information upon which to base their decisions.
Accreditations: Jeanette is a Law Society Advanced Family Panel Solicitor and also a member of Resolution’s National Children’s Committee.
Personal Background: Jeanette grew up in the Manchester and Cheshire areas and now lives in the Cheshire countryside, near to the Staffordshire borders. A busy working mum of two children with two cats and dog Jeanette still manages to foster cats for a local charity, Alsager Animals in Need.
Jeanette enjoys cycling; track cycling specifically. A former National Masters Track Cycling Champion, Jeanette enjoys training in the gym more these days in order to preserve and gain strength.
With Joey Dunlop being her all time favourite road racer, Jeanette enjoys the Isle of Man TT races. She has spectated there many times and latterly her partner has competed there also.
Jeanette loves a quiz and loves to drive her family mad watching Mastermind, The Chase and University Challenge.
Pre Qualification: Completing her secondary education at Sale Girls Grammar School Cheshire Jeanette then completed her Law Degree at Wolverhampton University. She completed her Law Society finals at Chester College of law. Jeanette secured her training at a firm in Manchester.
Post Qualification: Jeanette was admitted as a solicitor in 1994. She has been specialising in family law since 1997 and was previously a Head of Family Law and Partner at a Cheshire based firm. Jeanette has enjoyed two career breaks whilst raising her children during which time she was a Law Lecturer for the Open University.