Chelsie works at both our Stoke-on-Trent and Stafford offices and works alongside Jemma Blake.
In February 2019 Chelsie started her training contract with the firm.
Chelsie can advise in relation to:
- Simple or complex Wills – together with associated tax planning, Property Trust Wills and Discretionary Trust Wills
- Powers of Attorney – advising on General, Enduring or Lasting Powers of Attorney which includes preparing the documents, dealing with registration and post registration advice to Attorneys where needed
- Grant of Probate applications – advising Executors, dealing with beneficiaries, completing Inheritance Tax Forms, dealing with payment of Inheritance Tax (if applicable) obtaining the Grant and dealing with the administration of the Estate including any property matters
- Letters of Administration applications – advising the family, establishing who is entitled to benefit and helping to deal with an Estate where a person has died without making a Will
- Court of Protection applications – preparing Court of Protection applications to enable a person (known as a Deputy) to look after someone’s financial affairs and sometimes health and welfare in the event they have lost mental capacity. Nowell Meller can also act as Professional Deputies if required
- Property aspect - that relate to Wills and Probate matters such as dealing with a severance of tenancy and Assent of a property to beneficiaries
Clients: The Wills and Probate team act for a wide array of clients ranging from first time buyers, first time parents, grandparents, those contemplating divorce or marriage and those who have recently suffered bereavements.
Chelsie works closely with our clients in the office, or if required, she can provide a home visit.
Chelsie's Approach: Chelsie has a friendly and professional manner. She acts sensitively and is proactive in her approach and by guiding clients through the process, she ensures the experience is as stress free as possible.
Accreditations: After gaining a 2:1 Hons at Derby University in 2013, Chelsie went onto complete the Legal Practice Course at Staffordshire University graduating in 2014 with Distinction. She is currently undertaking her Training Contract and will be gaining experience in Property and Family Law alongside her specialist area. She is due to qualify as a Solicitor in August 2020.
Personal Background: Chelsie was born in Stoke on Trent and moved to Stone when she was 7 years old where she was raised. She still resides in the local area.
As a child Chelsie competed in acrobatic gymnastics for over 10 years at all levels in regional and national competitions and has represented the West Midlands. After finishing competing Chelsie became a gymnastics coach at a local Stafford Gymnastics Club.
In her spare time, Chelsie enjoys running, climbing and fitness. Her most challenging event was The 3 Peaks Challenge which she completed within her 24 hour time limit and has also completed the Great North half marathon.
Chelsie is currently fund raising and raising awareness for the motor neurone disease charity and will be taking part in the Royal Parks half marathon in London later in the year.
Pre Qualification: After completing her studies Chelsie spent some time travelling in America and Australia. She spent 2 years working within a local practice private client team before joining the firm.
Career: Chelsie is a high achieving, diligent and committed Law Graduate, with a career aim to become a qualified Solicitor at Nowell Meller. Chelsie is a driven and enthusiastic person who is always looking to expand and develop her skills and knowledge.
Nowell Meller Journey: Chelsie joined the firm in July 2017 as a Caseworker and commenced her training contract with us at the beginning of 2019.